This page describes the Angular documentation at a high level. If you're new to Angular, you may want to visit "Learning Angular" first.
The documentation is divided into major thematic sections, each a collection of pages devoted to that theme.
A first taste of Angular with zero installation. Run "Hello World" in an online code editor and start playing with live code.
Learn the Angular basics (you're already here!) like the setup for local development, displaying data and accepting user input, injecting application services into components, and building simple forms.
Authoritative details about each of the Angular libraries.
A step-by-step, immersive approach to learning Angular that introduces the major features of Angular in an application context.
In-depth analysis of Angular features and development practices.
Recipes for specific application challenges, mostly code snippets with a minimum of exposition.
A few early pages are written as tutorials and are clearly marked as such. The rest of the pages highlight key points in code rather than explain each step necessary to build the sample. You can always get the full source through the live links.
Each page includes code snippets from a sample application that accompanies the page. You can reuse these snippets in your applications.
Look for a link to a running version of that sample, often near the top of the page,
such as this
Alternatively, you can run the example locally, next to those
live-example links you have a download link.
Just download, unzip, run
npm install to install the dependencies and run it with
- The Cheat Sheet lists Angular syntax for common scenarios.
- The Glossary defines terms that Angular developers should know.
- The Change Log announces what's new and changed in the documentation.
- The API Reference is the authority on every public-facing member of the Angular libraries.
We welcome feedback!
- Use the Github repository for documentation issues and pull requests.
- Use the Angular Github repository to report issues with Angular itself.